Monday, December 10, 2007

Break a leg

The term "break a leg" is used by those in the entertainment industry, but I am using it in a literal sense. And how do you break a leg? It isn't easy. I had to fall twice before I was successful in breaking my leg. It helps if your blood sugar level is around 800. At this high level you will quite likely be semi-conscious and falling becomes quite easy. Perhaps the term ''inevitable" would be more appropriate than "easy." My caretaker brought my blood sugar level down to a safe level by a slight change in diet. At a reading of 800 it is possible to slip over the edge into the deep abyss from which there is no return. I hope you have learned something from my misfortune. It was no great sacrifice to give up sugar since I can have substitute sugars, in moderation.

3 comments:

The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better now and just need to let your body heal your leg. It's so scary what can happen when our bodies are unbalanced. Take it easy and take care!

Christina

Aristi said...

Thank you Christina for your nice greeting. I learned many lessons from my present predicament.When your blood sugar level hits 800 as mine did, you very likely will lose consciousness. It is as likely that you will not survive and said, "no more Sugar" ever. I can have sugar substitutes however.

Shannon McKelden said...

It was very nice to meet you briefly at the Christmas party on Tuesday night, Mr. Robar! I hope your road to recovery continues to be smooth and that you're back on your feet quickly. Keep that blood sugar under control, now!

Serena's friend Shannon.